These are the best and the most beautiful passenger transit trains that are currently operating on railway tracks, stated Robert Zaborski, Manager of Przewozy Regionalne during the official handing over ceremony for ‘Impuls’ 36WEa trains.
On October 6, 2014, three out of the six trains ordered by the Marshal Office of Świętokrzyskie Province were officially handed over at the Railway Station in Skarżysko-Kamienna in the presence of Jan Maćkowiak, the Province Marshal, Zbigniew Klepacki, Undersecretary of State in the Ministry of Infrastructure and Development, Robert Zaborski, Manager of Przewozy Regionalne , branch in Skarżysko-Kamienna and Zbigniew Konieczek, President of NEWAG S.A.
Modern, safe, comfortable and energy-efficient ‘Impuls” trains have been purchased with monies coming exclusively from external sources, emphasized Jan Maćkowiak, Province Marshal, 70% of the contract value was covered with the funds allocated by the European Union and the remaining 30% came from a designated subsidy, he added.
The trains were ordered within the Southern Purchase Group. Newag will deliver a total of 19 trains to four Provinces of Śląskie, Świętokrzyskie, Podkarpackie and Małopolskie.
Every project comprising a few partners is not an easy venture. Śląskie Province has a different view concerning railway transport than the Province of Małopolska. It was not easy to agree on certain issues with the partners but we succeeded and today we can enjoy the beautiful, modern trains, said Jan Maćkowiak.
Trains’ operation is monitored by the Control Centre at the Marshal’s Office.
The Avia system installed in these ‘Impuls’ trains is one of the latest systems enabling monitoring of train operation. It allows to check when the train is moving, when it is standing, the train’s speed and the number of passengers it is carrying. We can check the network voltage and the amount of power recovered to the network, said Zbigniew Konieczek, President of NEWAG S.A.
The first trains started servicing routes on October 1, 2014. Passengers praise their appearance, manufacturing and mainly, comfort of travelling.
The last, 19th ‘Impuls’ train will have been delivered to the Ordering Party by the end of February 2015.