In 1869, the City Council of Nowy Sacz decides to send a delegation to Vienna (with the participation of representatives of Tarnow) to recruit influential politicians – Franciszek Smolka and Julian Dunajewski for the location of the railway through Nowy Sacz.
In 1873 in Vienna, Austria-Hungary’s Parliament decided to build a railway Tarnów — Lviv, length 145.7 km of route running through Nowy Sacz.
1876 — for the newly-built railways,in Nowy Sacz a technical facility iscreated called Imperial — Royal Railway Workshops — today NEWAG
Years 1880 — 1912 a gradual expansion of the Workshop.
During the First World War, workshops have not been destroyed. They, received a new specialty associated with the repair and manufacture of armored trains for the Austro-Hungarian army.
1918 — The first refurbished locomotive in independent Poland was the 308 series steam engine.
1922 — the “Workshop” is renamedto the “First Class Nowy Sacz Main Workshop”, which employed about 1,800 people. The company was divided into departments: steam engine, wagon and mechanical.
1939 — anticipating the events of September 1939, some personnel were evacuated and workshop equipment to Stanislawow
1945 — clearing and restoration of the workshops and the launch of production. 19 April 1945 was put into operation the first steam engine Ty2 series
1950 — Company name changed to the Polish State Railways, Mechanical Workshop No. 3 in Nowy Sacz
1951 — Renamed “Steam Engine — Wagon Repair Works No. 3 in Nowy Sącz”
1952 — The workshop is transformed into an independent enterprise after separating from the PKP structures and obtains a new name “Zakłady Naprawcze Taboru Kolejowego w Nowym Sączu” - ZNTK, (Rolling Stock Repair Workshops in Nowy Sacz)
1963 — resolution of the Council of Ministers’ name “Zakłady Naprawcze Taboru Kolejowego w Nowym Sączu” are selected for repair of diesel rolling stock
1967 — “ZNTK Nowy Sacz” began repairing SM30 series locomotives
1972 — in June, a farewell to the last repaired steam engine TKt48-166. In the same year the first SM42 locomotive was repaired
1976 – The 100th anniversary of the company