The Electric Multiple Units from the ‘Impuls’ family are low-floor, open coach vehicles equipped with a full interior monitoring system, air-conditioning, modern passenger information system and, as requested, with ticket dispensers and ticket punchers.
Their interior was adjusted to the needs of passengers with impaired mobility: it features ramps, folded steps, lifts, broad aisles and a designated space for wheelchairs and bicycles. In the vehicle, motor bogies are used as well as Jacobs bogies (mounted between each two cars). The bogies have a modern gear system and two-stage spring suspension systems that effectively muffles vibrations, thus enhancing passengers’ comfort while travelling.
AVAILABLE TRAIN CONFIGURATIONS
The ‘Impuls’ Electric Multiple Units family can be manufactured in numerous configurations. Depending on customers’ needs, we provide trains consisting of two sections (EZT 37 WE), three sections (EZT 36WE), four sections (EZT 31 WE) and six sections (EZT 35 WE). Apart from the different trainset length, various passenger compartment interior layout options are available, which makes it possible for the EMUs to be used not only as commuter and suburban trains but also on long distance routes.
The six-section EMU was the first train from the ‘Impuls’ family manufactured by Newag in 2012. It is fitted with four motor bogies and four Jacobs bogies (axle configuration Bo’2’2’Bo’+Bo’2’2’Bo’). It is powered by eight traction motors of the total power output of 3200kW, which enables it to travel with the speed of up to 160 km/h.
The train total length including couplings is 113 600 mm, and the length of the passenger compartment is 92 300 mm.
The ‘Impuls’ 35WE trains transport passengers of SKM Warszawa and Koleje Śląskie. Their total passenger capacity is 922 people including 218 seating capacity.
A five-section Impuls 45WE is the latest train of its type manufactured at NEWAG S.A. which is compliant with TSI, the latest strict European Union standards. In August 2015, Impuls 45WE manufactured for Koleje Mazowieckie broke the speed record (226 km/h) on the test track and has been so far the fastest passenger train produced in Poland.
45WE is equipped with two motor bogies and four Jacobs bogies (axle configuration Bo’2’2’2’2’Bo’). It is powered by four 500kW traction motors, giving the total power output of 2000kW, which enables it to travel with the speed of up to 160 km/h. The total passenger capacity exceeds 500 passengers including 219 seating capacity. Since June 2015, it has been servicing the Warszawa – Skierniewice route operated by Koleje Mazowieckie.
One year later, in 2013, Newag manufactured another train from the ‘Impuls’ family, namely a four-section ‘Impuls’ 31WE, which can transport 458 passengers, including 202 seated passengers.
The first five trains were produced as ordered by Koleje Dolnośląskie.
The ‘Impuls’ 31 WE is fitted with two motor bogies and three Jacobs bogies (axle configuration Bo’2’2’2’Bo’). It is powered by four traction motors of the total power output of 2000 kW.
The train total length including couplings is 74 400 mm, and the length of the passenger compartment is 59 600 mm.
Another four-section ‘Impuls’ trains were ordered by Zachodnia Grupa Zakupowa [Western Procurement Group]. The trains which are currently in operation service the Szczecin – Poznań and Szczecin– Słupsk routes. They were designed to transport 436 passengers, including 208 seated passengers. They are characterized by compartmentalized interior.
The tree-section ‘Impuls’ is fitted with two motor bogies and two Jacobs bogies (axle configuration Bo’2’2’Bo’). Its four traction motors of the total power output of 1600 kW enable it to travel at a speed of up to 160 km/h. Its passenger capacity is 330, including 170 seating capacity. The train total length including couplings is 58 400 mm.
The first three-section train was ordered by the Marshal’s Office of the Podkarpackie Province and was commissioned to be operated by Przewozy Regionalne. It services the Rzeszów – Przemyśl route.
The train version marked 36WEa will be the first train in Poland to be approved for compliance with the Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSI).
It is the smallest train of the ‘Impuls’ family dedicated to servicing electrified train routes with small passenger streams. The two-section Impuls with the Bo’2’Bo’ axle configuration (two motor bogies, one Jacobs bogie) is fitted with the drive of 1600 kW, which enables it to reach the operational speed of 160 km/h and to accelerate fast. The train length including couplings is 42 400 mm.
While designing the interior, all successful solutions used in the 36WE and 31WE trains were used. The train meets passengers’ expectations concerning boarding from platforms of varied height as well as boarding for passengers with impaired mobility. The train can be operated in multiple traction with other trains from the ‘Impuls’ family.
The two-section trains started transporting passengers of the Podkarpacie Province in June 2014. Their passenger capacity is 265 people.
- Performance characteristics:
- vehicle designed to service urban and regional passenger transit;
- able to travel at speeds of up to 160 km/h;
- attractive, aerodynamic body shape;
- modern interior, open coach or compartmentalised;
- low-floor facilitating boarding and de-boarding;
- modern retention-tank toilets, compliant with TSI;
- high travel comfort due to the new gear system,
- automatically-controlled air conditioning and heating system.
- optimum traction characteristics thanks to application of 8 three-phase asynchronous engines, mounted on two end bogies and two intermediate bogies;
- two-stage traction transmission with hollow shaft and flexible axle coupling;
- individual inverter drive mounted on every steering bogie;
- power recovery to the overhead line during braking
- Passenger compartment:
- open coach vehicle (seats and fixtures depending on the car purpose and client’s specifications);
- pleasant and functional interior adapted to the needs of the disabled including the designated space for wheelchairs;
- modern LED lighting;
- interior adapted for transporting bicycles;
- modern passenger information system;
- vehicle interior monitoring system;
- automatically controlled air-conditioning and heating system.
- Driver’s cab:
- modern and ergonomic interior with two-operator control panel (for driver and assistant);
- comfortable driver’s seats with an adjustable footrests;
- air-conditioned interior;
- amenities including a fridge, a kettle etc.
- enhanced design meeting four scenarios compliant with requirements of the PN-EN15227:2008 standard for the C-I crashworthiness.
- Technical Parameters:
Number of sections 2–6 Maximum axle load < 200 kN/axle Number of doors per vehicle side 2–12 Network voltage 3kVDC Number of traction motors 4 or 8 Motor type three-phase asynchronous Frontal coupler automatic Track width 1 435 mm Unit height over railhead (folded pantograph) 4 150 mm Trainset width 2 840 mm Door width 1 400 mm Maximum operational speed 160 km/h Design speed 176 km/h Accelaration 0–40 km/h 1 m/square second Braking system EP/ED Service braking deceleration ≥ 0,8 m/square second Emergency braking deceleration ≥ 1 m/square second Wheel diameter in wheelsetsmaximum 840 mm – new
(minimum 790 mm – worn out)
Multiple traction yes Amenities for people with impaired mobility yes Places for wheelchairs and bicycles yes